What are we?
We are a recognised quality provider of consultancy services in culture, ethics, performance psychology and leadership, especially but not exclusively for sporting organisations.
Bluestone Edge exists to help organisations build performance-enhancing cultures that are driven by ethical leadership.
We believe strongly that:
- Culture is the key to consistently high levels of performance.
- The key leadership function is the development and sustainment of an effective, ethical culture that aligns an organisation’s internal environment, including its goals, with its external environment.
- Through word and example ethical leadership in sport:
- Positively strengthens the character of players, administrators and supporters.
- Improves and sustains team and individual performance.
- Develops a strong and robust sense of duty.
- Teaches the qualities of integrity, courage, goodwill and generosity of spirit.
- Enables players and administrators at the higher levels to deal effectively with relentless media attention.
- High performance organisations learn by continuously enhancing both human intellectual capital (what people know) and structural intellectual capital (organisational strategy, systems and structure).
- Sport not only contributes to individual physical and mental health, but it also brings together large and small communities and at the higher levels it can provide a national focus.
- Sport is a metaphor for life and an exemplar of the strengths, weaknesses, successes, failures, consistencies and contradictions that characterise the human condition.
All these beliefs translate readily into all private sector, public sector and community organisations.
Our ethical principles and values
Our services are characterised by the following ethical principles and values:
- We are socially responsible in our work, recognising that all organisations can and ought to contribute to the wellbeing of society.
- We treat people with dignity, respect, fairness and compassion.
- We embrace harm minimisation and social inclusion.
- We are trustworthy and reliable.
- We consider that integrity and confidentiality are conditions that cannot be violated in all our dealings.
- We emphasise that accountability at all levels must be clearly defined, imposed and followed through. Accountability can never be delegated or evaded.
- We emphasise moral courage by standing up for what we believe is right, acting tactfully but without fear or favour and when necessary, speaking truth-to-power in a considered way.
- We strive continuously to establish mutually productive relationships as both contributors and collaborators.
- We relish other people’s successes.